Review: Beg (Songs of Submission #1) by C.D. Reiss

Beg (Songs of Submission #1) by C.D. Reiss
Goodreads blurb:

This novella is the first in a series

My name is Monica. I’m a singer born and raised in Los Angeles.
I've stopped dating. When I cut a record, or win a Grammy, maybe then I’ll be with someone, but every man in my past has done everything he could to make me submit myself to him, and it’s gotten in the way of my career. I won’t do it again.

But there’s Jonathan. He owns the high-rise hotel where I work, and he is gorgeous and charming. I refuse to fall in love with him, even though when he asks me to submit to him, I want nothing more.

****GRAPHIC LANGUAGE, SEX, AND ADULT SITUATIONS****







First things first, I don’t like Monica! You wanna know why? I will show you why.

“I loved Gabby. She was like a sister to me, but sometimes I wished for a less burdensome friend.”

That’s just not right! Her friend has a depression, tried to kill herself, she is now showing the same behaviors that she did when she tried to kill herself, and Monica wishes for a less burdensome friend!? What the hell! And one more thing, when she has to choose between going home with Gabby and make sure she doesn't do anything bad and going to Jonathan’s house to sleep with him, what do you think she chose? She chose going to Jonathan’s house. I just think that that is not right, I would never do something like that and that is why I don’t like Monica. If you have to choose between making sure your best friend is okay and sleeping with a guy that you barely know, you choose your best friend.

Well, moving on... Jonathan, I was impressed that he had red hair. I was not excepting that, I never read a book that the guy had red hair. I tried searching for some pictures of guys with red hair and I didn't really find many good ones, so I had a hard time imagining Jonathan.

At first I didn't like him either because he looked shy or something.

“H-Hi,” I stammered. “I’ll be your server.” I smiled. That always worked. Then I thought happy thoughts because that made my smile genuine, and I watched Drazen move his gaze from my smiling face, over my breasts, to my hips, stopping at my calves. I felt as if I were being applauded again.
He looked back at my face. I stared right back at him, and he pursed his lips. I’d caught him looking, and he seemed justifiably embarrassed.”

Aren't you supposed to look at her, see that she saw you looking and smirk, like that was exactly what you wanted to happen? Well, I guess I’m just used to things this way...
Anyway, as I read the book, I found that he is not so bad.

I read some parts of other reviews before I started reading the book, and many people said that the sex scenes were hot, so I was excited to read them. But when I did I found that it was too short. She was saying that she thought that she couldn't take four more hours of that and I was thinking “What did you do that was so special?”. There was a part that I think is very... what’s the word? Interesting maybe?

“When I looked down at him, his eyes were closed with intensity as he flicked his tongue over my clit.” (....) “We kissed. He tasted perfectly of whiskey and desire. I wanted him. I wanted every inch of him”

You do know that you are tasting yourself right? Is good to know that she finds that her taste is perfect...

It was exactly at 96% that I thought it was getting interesting, so because of that I will continue to read the books because even though I don’t like Monica and had a hard time finding Jonathan sexy, I’m interested in knowing what will happen next.





Buy the book: Amazon (free) | Barnes & Noble | Kobo (free)
Find C.D. Reiss: Goodreads | Website | Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Love that you found the writings of CD Reiss and enjoyed it! Hope you have read the whole series – SING just came out to complete the series. While we are going through withdrawals over the story being done we are excited to what she comes up with next! She has a very dedicated group of goddesses (her adoring fans) who are trying to get the word out and would love if you could help spread the word again of Jonathan and Monica’s story and this wonderful author!
    BEG which is still offered as a FREE book is up for the Goodreads Romance Debuts 2013 – hope everyone votes! https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/40930.Romance_Debuts_2013
    CD Reiss Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/CDReiss.writer
    SOS Fan Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/songsofsubmission/ SOS Fans are being blessed with a special Q&A session with the lovely Lady herself on Nov. 1.  

    ReplyDelete