Review: My Favorite Mistake (My Favorite Mistake #1) by Chelsea M. Cameron

Goodreads blurb:

Taylor Caldwell can't decide if she wants to kiss her new college roommate or punch him.

On the one hand, Hunter Zaccadelli is a handsome, blue-eyed bundle of charm. On the other, he's a tattooed, guitar-playing bundle of bad boy. Maybe that's why Taylor's afraid of falling in love with him, or anyone else. She doesn't want to get burned, and even though her other roommates adore him, she wants him gone before it's too late.

Hunter himself has been been burned before, but the fact that Taylor calls him out on his crap and has the sexiest laugh ever make him decide maybe love isn't a lost cause. They make a bet: if she can convince him she truly loves or hates him, he'll leave the apartment--and leave her alone. The problem is, the more time they spend together, the less she hates him, and the more she moves toward love.

But when the man who holds the key to Taylor's fear of giving up her heart resurfaces and threatens to wreck everything, she has to decide: trust Hunter with her greatest secret, or do everything in her power to win that bet and drive him away forever.

“I can't promise not to make you mad. I can't promise that I won't hurt you. All I can promise is that I want you in my life, and I'll do anything to keep you there.”

When Taylor, Renee and Darah lost one of their roommates, they didn't expect that Hunter Zaccadelli was going to knock on their door telling them that he was going to be their new roommate. Taylor didn't like the idea. But is it because she doesn't like him or because she doesn't like that she can’t keep her eyes of him? Well, we know the answer.

Taylor is stubborn, tough and she doesn't like to take chances, she likes to have everything under control. But well in the end we get to know why she is like this.

“We were both broken, trying to become unbroken. Maybe we just needed a little help. Not to fix each other, but to help us fix ourselves.”

Taylor doesn't make Hunter’s life easy, but as the time goes by she starts to like him. She knows if she listens to her feelings that things can get difficult and she thinks that she is not ready for a relationship with him.

When you first look at Hunter, he is a bad boy, charming, tattooed and with blue eyes that you can get lost in. But there is so much more to him. He can cook, play guitar. He is sweet, romantic and just full of surprises. He is every girls dream.

Taylor doesn't want him there. Hunter doesn't have anywhere else to go. So Hunter decides to make a bet with her: if she can convince him she truly loves or hates him, he'll leave the apartment and leave her alone.

Taylor tries so many times to tell him that she hates him but he doesn't believe her.

Can you imagine sleeping in the same room with a hot guy that never loses a chance to mess with you?

“I'm going to take a shower," I said and prepared for the comment I knew was coming.
"You know what they say, conserve water and shower with a friend.”

They become friends. He plays guitar for her, cooks for her, they go out together. He is always trying to impress her. Hunter falls in love with Taylor and he want’s to prove that he is worthy of her trust. But how can two people be together if there is secrets between them that can ruin their relationship?

“I love you, Missy girl. Even if I can't be with you, know that I'm here. So, that's it. More than the stars, Taylor. More than the stars.”

After an argument Hunter tells her his secret and hopes that one day Taylor will tell him hers.
Taylor’s past comes back to haunt her and she tells Hunter her secret, but she is scared that things will change between them. She thought that he would leave her but he stays with her and supports her. He believes that she will face and overcome all her fears and that she will achieve her goals with him by her side.

“Loving you was the best mistake I ever made”

This book is full of surprises, romance and is not full of drama. The story was well written, is easy to read, the characters are perfect and even the other characters that are not so important we know a lot about them.

One of things that I really liked on the book was the songs that Hunter played. While I was reading about Hunter playing them I had to hear them and they were fantastic.

I fell in love with the characters, for all of them. Chelsea made a amazing work. It has a great ending and is a good example that everything happens for a reason because if it was a girl on the door on that day, Taylor would have never learned how to trust another person.

I love the cover, the title. Overall I love the book, it is now one of my favorites. And to think that I almost didn't read it, I was going to make a really really big mistake.




Buy the book: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Find Chelsea: Goodreads | Website | Facebook | Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment